Creation of a Custom Field does not associate it with any project item. To include Custom Field as an attribute in an item details, associate it with that Custom Screen. Each item type is associated with a screen by default. Steps to associate a custom field are:
Create a custom field
Click on Navigation menu, Configurations > Custom Screens
Note: The Default Screen cannot contain any custom field. You can duplicate it and make changes though.
- Select Item type for which you want to add custom field to a custom screen.
- Add New Screen or edit existing Custom Screen. Tip: you can duplicate Default Screen as well.
- Add newly created custom field and place it at top or bottom section of custom field area.
- Associate this screen to your project by clicking on Associate on right side panel. Make sure that desired project name is listed in the right side panel of associated projects list.
Note: Project’s association with earlier screen and its fields will be removed. Make sure that all needed fields are mentioned in your Custom Screen.
- Save the changes and open project item in Yodiz application
- Enter the value to Custom field that is part of the item details now.