Some of the key things that you can do at Board layout editor are:
- Create multiple new columns/panels.
- Rename panel header.
- Set panel header color.
- Map status to panel based on your needs and workflow.
- Set the default drop status of each panel.
- Set color of widget on board based on status.
Let’s start with”Sprint Board”.
Create new board layout
To create new board layout,
- Go to “Sprint Board”
- Click on the board icon
- Click on “Change Board”
- Then select “+ New Board” or choose from the drop-down list if you have already created one.
Designing New board
Follow these steps and note important items in the following list:
- From top select “Scrum” or “Kanban” type of board. In this example, we are working with “Scrum” configuration.
- Select your project, by default your current project should be selected there. Please note that board layouts are Project Specific.
- From right side, click on button “New Board” and write board layout name. You will see 3 columns
- “Unmapped Status”: It is column where you will see all the issues and Tasks status listed.
- Drag status from Unmapped column and drop to “Panel 1” or 2. You can rename the Panels by clicking on edit icon at top of panel
- You can also customize the “Panel” or “column” header by clicking on the color icon.
Important points to note
In the following screenshot, we have marked some important points from 1 – 5, their explanation is as follows:
- This icon shows that, in this example layout editor when some issue is dropped in panel 1 named “Not Started”, the status will be “New”.
- Similarly the default status for task in this column when you “DROP” task from other panels to “Not Started” panel would be “New”. However, other status issues like “Re-opened” will also be visible in this column, so for example, if you edit the issue using Modal view and change status of some issue from “In Progress” to “Re-Opened”, it will starting to show up in “Not Started” panel.
- When you click on the double arrow icon infront of any status, that particular status would become the “Default Drop” status. Although a panel can have multiple status of task or issues, however there could only be SINGLE status set on drop action. That’s why this particular icon and action is provided.
- Clicking on “color” icon would open a panel of pre-selected set of colors, you can assign any color to the status you like and widgets on Sprint board would be shown in your selected colors.
- This icon at header of each panel would allow you to rename the panel name.
- Color icon at panel header would set the color of the panel on sprint board.
- If you leave some statuses in “unmapped” panel then at sprint board, system automatically creates one extra panel and all unmapped statuses tasks and issues would appear there.