How to Integrate GitHub with Yodiz
Yodiz supports WebHook integration with GitHub. It will enable you to:
- - Track code commits by associating them with bugs or tasks. This will help you identifying which files are added, updated or deleted against a particular bug or task.
- - Mark your task or bug resolved just by following a simple convention when writing your comments for commit.
- Login to Yodiz and click on SCM Integrations from "more" navigation menu
- Select GitHub from left
- Copy Unique URL
- Go to your account at GitHub
- Click on the GitHub repository you want to link to this Yodiz Project
- From Top right corner, click on "Admin" link
- From left menu click on Service Hooks --> Web Hooks URL
- Paste here the Yodiz URL that you copied at step 1 and press "Update Settings"
- That's it, you are done.
How to Link commits to Tasks and Issues
In your commit message, add following notations to link commits to Tasks and Issues at Yodiz.
- For Tasks: use notation @T25
The commit message will be included in Task with ID 25.
- To mark task done, use notation @T25:R
"R" will indicate that this task is completed and Yodiz system will update the task status automatically.
- For Issues: use notation @B12
The commit message will be included in Issue with ID 12.
- To mark Issue as "resolved", use notation @B12:R
"R" will indicate that this issue is resolved and Yodiz system will update the issue status automatically
- If you face any issue, please